Our Parent Participation Philosophy
At Monarch Community School families and staff participate together in the developmentally appropriate educational process, empowering them to be able to enjoy the "whole child" learning approach where academic, social, physical and emotional growth are equally important, interrelated and acknowledged. Please read Monarch Community School's Vision Statement.
Interested in Enrolling? Please attend an Open house either Tuesday, February 21 or Thursday, March 2, 6:30-8:00pm. At the open house you can schedule a school tour during the month of March.
All interested families must go through open enrollment which opens Feb 27 and closes March 15. This means registering at your neighborhood school and filing open enrollment paperwork to attend Monarch.
For more information about our Open Houses or Monarch in general please contact Lysa Tabachnick, at 429-3898 x228 or email her at email@example.com.
How to Apply to Monarch Community School
- Attend spring Open House (see above).
- If you haven't already, read Monarch Community School's (MCS) Vision Statement.
- Complete Monarch Community School Parent Participation Agreement / Acuerdo de la Participacón de Padres.
- Schedule a classroom observation.
- Attend scheduled classroom observation(s); please bring completed PPA form; get a color-coded sticker.
- Obtain open enrollment paperwork from neighborhood school at the beginning of the Open Enrollment (OE) window.
- Attach PPA to OE paperwork.
- File completed OE paperwork with neighborhood school by the close of the OE window.
- Follow up with neighborhood school or county office of education to make sure your paperwork was sent to the district office.
- Families will receive offers for enrollment from the OSS shortly after the close of the OE window.
If you have further questions about this process or for applying outside the Open Enrollment period each spring, please contact the MCS office at 429-3898 x208.